As the Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO of Tradeshift, Christian Lanng is on the front lines of the technology evolution, and he gets to see first-hand the impact that innovative technology is having – and will have - on the enterprise.
In today’s Art of Procurement podcast, I sit down with Christian to understand what this will mean for procurement. If Christian’s vision materializes, it will mean a seismic shift is in store for our profession over the next 10 years.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why the measure of procurement’s success will become the cost to change suppliers, not the cost savings achieved from your existing suppliers.
- Why we will stop buying products and services, and start buying outcomes.
- How we will need to think more like a data scientist, analyzing new and expanding sources of information to determine the projects and transactions that matter, and that require human interaction.
- How organizations will transition from current delivery models to accessing procurement talent on-demand, using talent marketplaces.
- Why Christian believes that procurement leaders can turn their retained staff into a profit center by selling that expertize to non-competitors.
- The benefits of a platform & applications approach when building your procurement technology infrastructure.
- Why we are already in the "summer" of bots, and why AI will be the technology that has the biggest impact on procurement.
- Why the procurement professional of the future will need to be "problem solvers" and "opportunists".
For more information, visit: http://artofprocurement.com/tradeshift